by Shaheriyar Daruwala
Date Added: Wednesday 02 July, 2008
Glove box installation worked on my Mazda 2.5 Montana, with original Mazda modular system, (and this is an awesome piece of kit!) :-)
A few tips, if I may:
1. Remove glove box completely before attempting this method;
2. Don't try the "upside down" method... Open the passenger door and lay on the pavement with your head right up into the corner nearest your console so you can see what you're doing;
3. I found it handy to have a Maglite ready (held in place against my head and an interior panel) to illuminate the proceedings;
4. Don't worry about the aerial lead... push it out of your way or even remove it from its socket until you are done with the Audiolink... its a lot easier to put in than the moulded plastic fitting we're dealing with here!;
5. You may find it handy to note that the plastic release catch on the Audiolink plug should be facing down towards the chassis when fitted...
6. This took me 20 minutes to sort out, and I very nearly gave up, but persist... it's oh so worth it in the end!!!
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]