Date Added: Wednesday 20 July, 2005
This kit, when fitted is excellent. However, one star is lost as the instructions are lacking in detail.
The feeling is great to push that little button and the boot pops open!
Some things I would like to have known from the instructions...
1. Proper picture showing the orientation of the motor on the mounting plate. Too complicated to explain here.
2. How to thread the very long action rod through the motor eyelet - I had to bend it nearly to snapping point.
3. The existing rod from the keyhole is attached to the new motor rod. However, the new rod is at such an angle that you need to carefully bend it to be in parallel to the existing rod.
4. Where, in the boot, to thread the wire from the switch to the motor. I ended up taking out the carpeting behind the drivers side to find a hole. Not a problem, but better if they had identified the best place beforehand.
5. Where exactly on the battery you are supposed to fit the live wire. I undid the bolt on the positive battery grip. This meant having to cut the rubber hood protecting the terminal.
6. I was left with two screws and folded clip things - where were they supposed to go?
Altogether works well and you should buy it. Be prepared to spend well over an hour to do this job properly and a bit of ingenuity thrown in for good measure.
As usual excellent service from the MX5parts team.
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]