Date Added: Saturday 10 May, 2014
Difficult one this - 5 stars for how it looks on my Dolphin Grey Kendo - 1 star for fixing instructions and the high possibility of getting it stuck in the wrong place!
Many dry runs are required so that you understand what is about to happen.
The Chrome cover is not a snug fit, the ends are 'lifted' by around 3mm which doesn't look good.
The gap narrows to about 1.5mm upon correct fitting - but 3M tape needs to be inside the ends to stick down better.
Supplied is an alcohol wipe, the Chrome cover and a tube of primer. Great care is needed fitting this, as I said - take as many dry runs as you think you need to feel confident.
1. Wipe the cover on the car with the alcohol wipe.
2. Smear the cover with the Primer and allow to dry, about 5 minutes in the sun.
3. Peel back 20mm from each end of3M tape from the thin strip of Chrome which sits under the brake light and fold tape back so you can pull on it when cover has been fitted.
4. Peel back all other 3M tape and apply Chrome cover to brake light cover -make sure it is central and apply the rear first! Then press down as hard as you can along the whole of the cover.
5. Grab the previously folded back tape and pull away from the 3M tape, press the thin strip of Chrome where you want it to sit. NOTE:- there is embosed raised letters along the lens of the brake light - ensure this thin strip runs below this writing.
Polish off your hand marks and step back and admire ...... hopefully it will look great! Good luck, but take your time over this item!
Rating: [3 of 5 Stars!]