by Charles Winterbottom
Date Added: Sunday 28 August, 2011
I fitted this kit to my '97 1.8 Harvard this weekend. Fitting was fairly straightforward, despite the very brief instructions. The biggest problem was the mounting plate for the window switches, which simply did not fit the hole in the centre console. There was a 1mm gap on one side whatever we tried.
Rather than spend another 50 quid on genuine Mazda switches we opted to modify the existing blank switch panel, which unscrews from the console. We measured the switches with callipers, drew a template, stuck it to the original switch panel and then drilled out and filed down two rectangular holes and snapped the switches into that. That seems to work ok, although care is needed...
Rating: [3 of 5 Stars!]