Date Added: Sunday 07 January, 2007
Having read the reports on these lights I decided to have go myself. I only have a drill so taking note of previous reports about the bit being dragged through I decided to try an alternative method of drilling that was highly successful.
I used a thick newspaper on the work surface, onto which I placed the light as it would be on the car. I fitted the drill with a 4mm bit then placed the drill on its side on the newspaper. This then took the weight away from the drill, enabled me to drill horizontally rather than vertically and prevented the bit being dragged through, while using my other hand to steady the light.
I increased the bits by 0.5mm, until I had reached my maximum in my tool box (10mm).
Next I changed back to the 4mm to drill out the opening for the ‘lugs’. One being slightly larger then the other. Once these were big enough to accept the lugs it was a case of slowly widening the 10mm hole to accept the bulb holder.
I managed to get a good fit, but then made my first mistake. I turned the bulb holder as you do on the OEM and one of the lugs snapped off! On inspection I noticed the thickness of the plastic of the backing plate is much thicker than the OEM light.
Next was to remove the chaff. Doddle! Use a vacuum! First do it with the repeater bulb in, then remove it. This changes the air flow. Gentle tapping or using a long bendy straw may help if you get the odd piece stuck.
Use the invisible repeater bulbs, when all fitted back on the car they really do look good, especially if you have clear side repeaters and reflectors as I have.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]