Date Added: Tuesday 17 July, 2007
I've fitted these now and they look really good.
But beware that when I tried fitting them, the sticky tape that's affixed to the inside of the bars doesn't adhere to the black covers already fitted to the car. This is probably because the black bar covers are polypropylene which is really tricky to stick to - even the araldite peels off as if the black covers are made of teflon.
After a few visits to DIY stores and some unsuccessful attempts at fixing, I managed to get them to stick with ordinary Araldite using their syringe applicator, though the Superglue for soft plastics, which includes polypropylene, would have been better had I found any for sale. The total glue cost was about £10.
You have to be careful with the glue not to get it on the bars, if you do wipe it off carefully with a damp cloth, e.g. handkerchief, and the bars scratch very easily, so use a large soft cloth to put the bars on when you put the glue on them.
In retrospect, paying Mazda £120 for them to fit their chrome bars, more permanently would be the way to go, probably - avoiding the potch factor probably wins it for me, though the delivery from MX-5parts was very fast and very free!
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]