Date Added: Wednesday 12 July, 2006
I highly recommend these dampers. As my car is a daily driver I just wanted a close to standard spec damper, and these really tightened up the feel of the whole car. A couple of points (I only fitted rears as my fronts are still quite tight).
1) Buy a pair of replacement bottom bolts, its only a couple of quid and means if you knarl up the old one when you remove it you don't have to try and get a replacement whilst the car is in pieces. It might come out easier next time too.
2) Put some penetrating oil on the bottom bolt a day or so before you fit the dampers (do it whilst you are waiting for delivery!)
3) BUY SHOCK BOOTS. This doesn't come with them, they also form the bump stop and prevent your spangly new damper from dirt ingress. Makes the MoT man happy too.
4) You WILL need spring compressors. Don't think you can bodge through without them.
5) Go for a drive after you fit them, you won't be back for hours as you will be enjoying your driving experience so much. Its like a new car, even on mine where I only did the rears.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]