Date Added: Thursday 06 January, 2011
The style bar is beatiful to see but very difficult to mount!!!
The instructions are poor in quality and very confused!!!
Now right away the problems that I've met during the mounting:
- only 2 retaining straps instead 3 and one of these is broken (the trasparent band...). I think this type of material is delicate for the usage all the seasons and all the year...perhaps it was better a different type of material...trasparent band of rubber??
- the fitting instructions are not clear...I've seen other customers reported this...
- the rubber spacers have a cut not regular...: they are cutted inclinated! further they show a little step opposite the groove...which side of spacers must be mounted toward the front of the car? that with the step?
- the style bar seems ok but the metallic spacers seem poor in quality...
- the wind blocker glass has not cutted correctly...it doesn't follow the shape of style bar so you must keep it lightly rear the underside of glass..
Fortunately the final visual effect compensates the efforts!
P.S.: mx5parts.co.uk has sent the remaining 2 retaining straps (broken and missing) in a few days...good support service!
Rating: [3 of 5 Stars!]