The new audio-link bluetooth interface enables a wireless connection to your smartphone, mobile device or tablet pc. The AVRCP protocol allows you to manually control the connected device through the radio or steeringwheel interface (forward, rewind etc.)
The bluetooth interface is connected through the cd changer connector, and produces very high quality sound!
- Wiring loom detachable for easy installation
- 3,5mm AUX connector for devices with jack plug connector
- A2DP protocol for audiostreaming via bluetooth
- AVRCP protocol for control over your device (forwarding, rewinding etc).
- USB connector for charging your device
- Take and end calls by using the fast forward button on your radio
- Compatible with apps like Spotify, Google Play etc incl. control
- Supplied with a separate microphone for handsfree talking
- Dimensions: 6,5 x 6,2 cm x 2,3 cm
Installation is easy, but does require removal of your vehicle's head unit from the center console. IMPORTANT! BEFORE removing the head unit and plugging this device in, you must first disconnect the vehicles battery. Not only is this for your safety when removing the stereo, but also in some circumstances, failiure to disconnect the battery can make the audio link malfunction. Once the head unit is removed, the Audio Link simply plugs into the external CD changer port, located on the back of the head unit. The Audio Link wiring can then be routed to your glove box, down the center console to the cupholders, or wherever would be most convenient for you.
The kit includes the Audio Link control unit and a plug-and-play wiring harness.
Only works with the Mazda Modular Units, will not work with 'Bose' audio in Mk2/2.5. Also does NOT work with Mk3 6 disc changer head units.
Latest version now works with ALL head units in Mk3, all functions, track forward, back, battery charge etc. (also works from the steering wheel controls).
Please Note: If your car is not one of the Mazda MX-5's listed above, we can not warrant this part or its suitability for use on your vehicle. You would be able to return the unit for a full refund (excluding postage costs) as long as it is returned in perfect condition. We are not able to supply this unit for any vehicle other than those listed above.
Fits all Mk2/2.5 & Mk3 models, 1998>2008 with a Mazda modular head unit.